Although we operate from a home based private studio on the Gold Coast, it is fully licensed, approved by council, health and office of fair trading departments. The set up is professional and yet comfortable therefore your tattoo experience is held in a serene and tranquil environment. The creative and transformative energies of our studio provides a healing space for visitors to connect with their body, mind and spirit, revealing markings etched on skin, which ultimately comes from within. We believe ta moko is a sacred art form, therefore the whole experience is performed in a sacred space.
We charge an hourly rate, however we will work according to your budget.
Consultation and implementation are normally done in one visit. Tu’s design process involves an email consultation of your journey and the aspects you would like incorporated into your ta moko. He will then transform your story artistically on your skin at your appointment and will tattoo you once you are happy with the custom design. The designs will be related to your whakapapa/genealogy and from following the natural curves of the body, therefore once Tu has an understanding of the information to go into the work, he uses the shapes and the curves of the body to draw the design, so the design comes from you in more ways than one. Once your story has been incorporated into the design and you are happy with it, implementation starts after a karakia (Maori prayer) which cleanses the spiritual energies around us physically and in our environment. Ifyrefini
Ifyrefini’s design process involves an email consultation of your journey and the aspects you would like incorporated into your tattoo. She requires a non refundable deposit of $50 to secure your booking as well as for her to get your design started. She will text you a draft design approximately the night before your appointment, which will allow for further discussion and tweaks. Please note that this booking fee is separate to the actual hours clocked in for your tattoo session (it does not come off the total cost of your tattoo).
We recommend to book at least 2 months in advance to avoid any disappointments as Tu is normally fully booked between 4 to 6 months in advance. Ifyrefini
As far in advance as possible, the earlier you enquire the more likely you are able to get the date you are after. Ifyrefini is usually booked 2 months in advance.
Yes. Our inks are vegan and some are organic. We also use biodegradable plastics as well as organic/natural products where possible.
It is to ensure you turn up for your appointment.
A non refundable deposit of $100* is required within 7 days of making a booking to secure your appointment. The deposit will be deducted off your total tattoo cost unless you cancel or want to transfer your booking date with less than 7 days notice. Ifyrefini
A non refundable fee of $50* plus a booking deposit of $50 (total $100) is required within 7 days of making a booking to secure your appointment. The booking fee also provides you with a rough drawing of your design which will then be texted to you the night before your scheduled appointment. Please note that this is a separate fee ($50) to the actual hours clocked in your tattoo time (it does not come off your total tattoo cost).
However we understand that sometimes things happen in life that are out of our control so given more than 7 days notice we can transfer your booking to an alternative date. Less then 7 days notice or no shows will forfeit your booking fee.
DAILY CARE DURING THE HEALING PROCESS:
- Have hot showers, the hotter the better
- Apply anti bacterial pump soap when in shower and pat dry
- Wash hands and apply a thin layer of aftercare cream at least 2-3 times a day (we sell a natural aftercare cream which contains only beeswax and kawakawa, which is a healing native Maori plant and this usually cuts your healing time in half)
- Do not apply any ointment before getting into bed as doing so will stain your sheets
PRECAUTIONS DURING THE HEALING PROCESS:
- Keep out of the sun
- Keep out of swimming pools and dirty water
- Keep covered if working in dusty or dirty areas
- Do not pick your tattoo when it starts to peel
- Do not allow others to touch your tattoo
- Do not scratch your tattoo when it starts to itch
Yes we do. We stock the Anoint – natural tattoo aftercare – for $25. They are made from manuka oil which is traditionally used for medicinal purposes as well as lavender oil, almond oil, calendula flower extract, coconut oil, castor seed oil and carnauba wax. Aroha (love) and traditional karakia (Maori incantations) specific to skin healing are also implemented during the creation of the balm. Using this cream usually cuts down the healing time in half.
Most orders placed take 2 to 5 business days to process before they are shipped. We are a boutique operation so orders are only fulfilled a couple of times a week. You will receive a confirmation email as well as a tracking number (Australian addresses only) when your order has been shipped.
All orders are despatched every Tuesday. Delivery normally takes anywhere between 3-7 business days to arrive for Australian addresses after your order has been processed. Please allow up to 7-14 business days for delivery of international orders, since some packages may be held up in customs in the destination country.
We ship worldwide, and the freight charge depends on your delivery address and your purchased items. All orders are packaged accordingly to ensure a safe arrival. *Flat rate delivery means that you can order as many items in that category and receive the same shipping rate
|Item Category||Australia||New Zealand||Other Countries|
|A3 Prints||Flat rate of $9 per order||Flat rate of $15 per order||Flat rate of $15 per order|
|A4 Prints||Flat rate of $3 per order||Flat rate of $6 per order||Flat rate of $6 per order|
|Giclee Prints||Free Delivery||Flat rate of $15 per order||Flat rate of $15 per order|
|Canvas||Flat rate of $19 per order||Flat rate of $19 per order||Flat rate of $19 per order|
|Postcards||Free Delivery||Free Delivery||Free Delivery|
|Originals||Refer to Item Details for cost||Refer to Item Details for cost||Refer to Item Details for cost|
|Mats||From $12 – $28 per item depending on state & mat size||From $45 – $50 per item depending on mat size||Not available for delivery|
|Attire||Flat rate of $9 per order||Flat rate of $15 per order||Flat rate of $15 per order|
To help ensure your shopping experience is safe, simple and secure, Arts Elemental Webshop uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encrypts and protects the data you send to us over the internet. If SSL is enabled then you will see a padlock at the top of your browser and you can click on this to find out information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
You will also notice that when you look at the location (URL) field at the top of the browser you will see it begin with ‘https:’ instead of the normal ‘http:’. This means that you are in secure mode.
Bank Transfer (for Australia and New Zealand customers only)
Bank Transfer ~ Australia
+ Bank: Credit Union Australia
+ Name: M Duley
+ Bsb: 814282
+ Acc: 31302458
Bank Transfer ~ NZ
Name: M Duley
BTC Address: 1fXX5TS5vsriQLEX1SCGbkfP5rXxvbV52
We strongly advise against getting a tattoo while pregnant or nursing. Any possible risk to the physical and spiritual health of the mother and baby should be avoided.
We suggest a good night’s sleep as well as a hearty meal before your appointment with plenty of water. Please do not consume any alcohol at least 24 hours prior. It would be preferable that the area that is to be tattooed be clean and shaved.
We are based in Pimpama, Gold Coast of Australia. As we are a private studio, we will provide the exact address after a booking deposit has been paid.
Our limited edition prints are of highest standard fine art digital reproductions available in the world. They are superior in beauty, quality and durability, lasting up to 100 years before any colour change is apparent to the human eye.
A print is created by first capturing the original painting as a high resolution digital image. It is then printed using light-fast pigments on museum quality, acid-free paper using advanced ink-jet technology. The artwork is then hand-signed, given an edition number and comes with a certificate of authenticity from the artist. The value of a published artwork like this will increase over the years with the profile of the artist.
All items are non refundable and non exchangeable. However, in the unlikely event the goods purchased are faulty due to a manufacturing fault, please contact us via the form below with the following details:
+ Date of your purchase
+ Your order number
+ Item you would like to return
+ Why you want to return it
+ A photo of the fault/damage
No returns are accepted after 14 days of receipt of purchase and we do not accept items that have noticeable wear or tear.
Our garments will last for approximately 50 washes if you handle with care and follow the washing instructions.
+ Wash inside out on cold gentle cycle
+ Do not dry clean
+ Do not use bleach
+ Do not iron
+ Do not tumble dry, hang dry only
An Arts Elemental Tattoo Voucher can be redeemed for one (1) tattoo/ta moko session with your artist of your choice (unless the artist name has been stipulated on the voucher), according to their hourly rate. It cannot be redeemed for cash, returned for a refund, or be replaced after the expiry date. If the entire amount is not used, the remaining balance is void. If the entire amount is used and there are still a number of hours left on your tattoo, the balance must be paid by cash. If the voucher has expired, any remaining balance will be lost.
Customers must quote the Claim Code stated on the voucher upon making a booking, and all Tattoo Voucher bookings must be made at least 2 months prior from the expiry date, as your Tattoo Voucher booking needs to be used before the expiry date. Most of our artists are booked 2-5 months in advance, so please organise a booking as soon as you receive your voucher.
The term ‘Arts Elemental Ta Moko Studio X’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Arts Elemental Ta Moko Studio X, the owner of the website, whose registered office is 73 856 526 067, Queensland. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, appearance, look and graphics of the website. Any reproduction of the website’s material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may be a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
- This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Queensland.
- You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website.
- These terms and conditions do not relate to your use of any product or service described on our website unless otherwise agreed. You must refer to the individual warranty relevant to any particular product or service.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
- You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the website.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense including legal costs and expenses (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you in connection with the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We are pleased to introduce a new payment option to you. Afterpay offers interest free payment plans for your online Arts Elemental purchases. Buy what you want today, receive your order just as normal and pay it off in four equal, interest free instalments fortnightly.
Afterpay is operated by Afterpay Holdings Limited, listed on the ASX.
What do I need?
- A debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- An Australian residential address
How do I pay with Afterpay?
- Simply add items to your shopping cart and go to the checkout. Afterpay can be used on any order between $50 and $1000.
- Select Afterpay as your payment method. You will be redirected to the Afterpay site.
- Register or login to your Afterpay account and confirm payment using a valid credit or debit card that your Afterpay instalments will be deducted from.
- Afterpay is an interest free payment plan option.
- Transaction value limits apply to Afterpay purchases made at Arts Elemental online; the minimum purchase amount is $50 and the maximum purchase amount is $1000 whether you link your Afterpay account to either a credit or debit card.
- Afterpay is not available at Arts Elemental for the purchase of gift cards, top-ups, back ordered or waitlisted merchandise.
- The funds for the first payment must be available on your nominated card at the the time of checkout.
- For first time Afterpay customers, or customers yet to complete a full payment cycle with Afterpay, the first payment will be taken at the time of transaction with the remaining three payments deducted each fortnight over the remaining 6 weeks.
- If you wish to return your goods, Arts Elemental’s normal returns policy applies. If eligible for a full refund, your initial payment will be returned in full and the remaining payments cancelled at no charge.
- When you link your Afterpay account to a credit or debit card, please be aware that standard fees and charges may be applicable. Please refer to your card issuer’s terms and conditions for full details.
- If a payment is due from you but not received by Afterpay in accordance with the payment schedule, a $10 late payment fee will be charged, with a further $7 late payment fee added seven days later if the payment remains unpaid.
Please visit Afterpay FAQs.